You followed us as we shared the love of Christ with a Latvian orphan named Gvido. Now, follow us on our journey to adopt him... Ryan Blake Vernon.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Good Ole' Rocky Top

Just before Christmas, we made a trip up to see my parents in Gatlinburg. For Christmas, they got us tickets to Dollywood so Gvido could ride all the roller coasters he wanted. That he did. I lost count, but on the Tennessee Tornado, I think he was up to at least 9 rides. That doesn't count the Mystery Mine, Blazing Fury and Thunderhead Mountain. Thank goodness Jon is a good sport, because you would NOT catch me on one of those things. I rode the very "tame" Blazing Fury one time. After it was over Gvido says to me, "Mom, you hurt my ear." I don't think he asked me to ride again. We were there two straight days and it's a big place. After the first day he asked me, "you are tired?" I said yes and he said, "why, you just walk around?" I guess he thought tired was only earned by those being slung through the air. He played a few games and won every time, coming home with a Tennessee basketball and another giganta-normous TN inflatable ball that I'm still wondering how I will pack back to Latvia!

As far as nighttime, he loved the lights overload, saying "city... all lights." He had a blast and was very well behaved. We watched the movie The Nativity, very good movie. These are a few pictures from our trip to God's country...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great. Merry Christmas to you all. I am so glad to hear that God was good to all of you. Michell...I am with you girl...no upside down flinging around rides for me either. Ally is usually finding a friend to go on them with her when we go to 6 flags. May you days with him be filled with the love of the Lord....We love you sweet momma!!!!!

This week you all need to come play wii with us....

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!
I have to say, I love the TN ball :)