You followed us as we shared the love of Christ with a Latvian orphan named Gvido. Now, follow us on our journey to adopt him... Ryan Blake Vernon.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Church Clothes!


No real reason for this particular blog other than to show you how cute he was on his first day at church! He asked me this morning how many days he had been in America so far! He's gotten to where he calls us mom and dad sometimes... it's quite cute. I think it's easier for him to remember than our first names, but either way, its warms my heart every time I hear it. He met the neighborhood kids this afternoon, that went well. I tell you, all the kids around us, whether at school, church or in the neighborhood are so great with the kids we bring. They are so kind, putting the "new kid" first and being patient with the cultural differences. It's so awesome to see how the children around us are a part of ministering to our host children. You know who you are and if you are reading this... THANK YOU or PALDIES (pall-dee-ez)!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you post more beat boxing please for our viewing pleasure?

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see that children know that God loves us all the same. Why can't we adults get it! Love the clothes.....

Anonymous said...

He is one of the best looking boys I have ever seen! I personally think he'll model when he gets older with those blue eyes, sharp features and nice lips. If he's different from other kids, it's because he's better looking and they're jealous! Tell him to come on over to Aunt Tippy's...she'll love on him! :)

Thanks for sending me the link! Love you!
T

Anonymous said...

By the way...I heard a rumor he goes by Guido...any truth to that? Did he come with an Italian passport? :)

Anonymous said...

Gvido came up to me at church this morning and greeted me! It touched my heart ... such kind eyes. God has a HUGE purpose for Gvido, and I can't wait to see what that is. I will be praying for him ... and for you and Jon, Michelle.

Love you three!

Anonymous said...

I love reading this blog. It's got God's hand all over it. I am very encouraged. I also think he is a very handsome boy. I love you. Keep in touch.