You followed us as we shared the love of Christ with a Latvian orphan named Gvido. Now, follow us on our journey to adopt him... Ryan Blake Vernon.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Celebration "Shower"


As I understand it right now, Ryan's "shower" will be Saturday, May 3rd, 10-12am. Amy Herring is hosting it at her home. Her email is jaboherring@bellsouth.net.

I've been asked for ideas and these are my thoughts. I've taken Ryan to Target and Walmart and he did a registry at both. (Check under my name at each) Granted, the registry might drive you a little crazy because we were all over the store! There are some duplicates between stores, but other things are originals. I tried my best to corral him on some things, but some I know he will have to save his money for. Just know that I don't actually expect any of my friends and family to spend exorbitant amounts of money, please do not! He can save money for the higher priced items just like the rest of us. It will do him well to learn the art of saving for what you want.

With that said, other than the registry, I think gift cards to Gamestop, Blockbuster, Marshall's, Ross, Lifeway, Chick-fil-A and McDonald's are all great ideas. He would also love passes/tickets to bowling or the movies, especially since I've already been informed there are 3 superhero movies coming out this summer. He is saving money for karate lessons and a six flags/whitewater season pass. Size wise, he's about a 14-16. I think he's doing pretty good on summer clothing right now, I hit some consignment sales prior to our trip to Latvia.

Again, anything you do for him is a gift beyond your comprehension! With $10, he feels like he can buy the world! Everyone I know has bills and needs so please do not feel obligated to get him a gift. Since he's not a young child, gifts don't come quite so cheaply and Jon and I understand that. We really just appreciate your prayers for all of us as we continue the adoption process which still requires two more trips to Latvia, wisdom regarding Ryan's schooling options this fall and for his transition into family life. Thank You!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Can't wait. I love it!!!!!!