You followed us as we shared the love of Christ with a Latvian orphan named Gvido. Now, follow us on our journey to adopt him... Ryan Blake Vernon.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Hi everyone. Well, I wasn't able to update the blog while we were in Latvia, so today I'm going to catch up! I hope you enjoy seeing many of the pictures from our first adoption trip to Latvia. We got home last night, minus one bag that I hope shows up today. All total, 11 days were involved, so we are pretty tired, but incredibly happy to have our son home. There were tense moments, many on our knees in prayer, but what a wonderful feeling for me to look over at him as we were lifting off the runway in Riga, Latvia. We praise God that He prevailed. There were so many moments when I would simply pray Jeremiah 29:11, I knew the Lord knew His plans and I knew He wouldn't allow the enemy to steal them or alter them. All 3 of us came back as a stronger family unit, ready to embrace all of our new roles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE BLOG AND PICTURES! It is so nice to see you all and his friends...Something he will cherish for a long time. Mom and Dad going and visiting his turf. So glad you all are back safe and sound. We missed you all and can't wait to see what God has in store for the Vernon Family. We love you lots!!!!!!!!

Jer 29:11