You followed us as we shared the love of Christ with a Latvian orphan named Gvido. Now, follow us on our journey to adopt him... Ryan Blake Vernon.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Waiting for Gvido...



The good news has arrived... the Christmas Host Children will be arriving in America on Wednesday, December 12th around 3:00pm and will be here until January 11th. Time is flying now as we head into the Thanksgiving week and I start decorating the house. His room didn't need much work... I did all that last time! However, I did have to remove my sweet Matiss's name from the wall and replace it with Gvido's. That was a little sad, but I know God is covering him and has brought us yet another Latvian "son" to love for this season! Matiss is our blonde son that resides thousands of miles away, now, this is our brunette son! Today I wrote the introductory letter to Gvido. Doing that always reminds you it's getting closer to time! The letter is given to the children at roll call at the airport, so they get on the plane with a special surprise from their destination family! They open the letter to see pictures and read all about the family members that will be meeting them at the airport, about 24 hours later. The unique thing about both my boys, in my letters, I reminded them they had already met me. I had met my summer host son, Matiss, on the spring New Horizons interview trip to Russia and Latvia. Then, I met our winter host son, Gvido, on the fall New Horizons trip to Latvia. This has been such an interesting and precious year for Jon and I, "parenting" not one, but two boys. No, it's not exactly conventional, but perhaps conventional is over-rated. Or, perhaps conventional just isn't God's perfect plan for us. Either way, but by the end of this year, God has allowed us the great privilege of touching two boys lives that didn't have anyone reaching to them. He brought them to us, from another continent, just so they could experience life... in the light of His love. That's the difference... it's all about God, His glory, His love and what He himself wants to do on this planet through us... for such a time as this. This is His path for us now, and we embrace it and thank him for it. We are truly the ones receiving the gift this Christmas... another son to protect, guide and love, for as long as God has planned.

No comments: